We Need Your Help
The Kish Dog Park depends on community enforcement of the rules. Dogs and Owners violating these rules may be asked to leave the area immediately. If you see someone violating these rules, please submit an incident report to Friends of Kish Dog Park c/o Derry Township PO Box 445, Yeagertown, PA 17099.
1. No attendant is on duty. Dog owners are legally and financially responsible for their dog’s behavior. Use of this park is at your own risk. Derry Township is NOT liable for any injuries to dogs, their owners/handlers, or others who may use the park.
2. Aggressive dogs are not allowed. Owners must immediately leash and remove from the park any dog showing aggression toward people or other dogs.
3. All dogs must be properly licensed and healthy. All dogs visiting the Dog Park must be current with their canine vaccinations including rabies vaccine. Dogs CANNOT have a known contagious condition or disease. All dogs must be on a monthly flea and tick prevention program.
4. Owner MUST clean up after their dogs. Plastic bags will be provided throughout the Dog Park.
5. No puppies fewer than 16 weeks or 4 months of age are allowed. Dogs do not fully develop their immune systems until that age.
6. Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the park. Any intact dog (non-spayed or neutered) showing signs of aggression should be removed from the premises.
7. Dogs must not be left unattended. Keep your dog within your sight at all times.
8. All Derry Township leash laws apply OUTSIDE the fenced-in area. Inside the park, dogs may be off-leash. However, owners must carry a leash and keep their dog under voice control and within sight at all times.
9. No children under the age of 12 are allowed inside the fenced area. Children 12 through 17 years of age shall be closely supervised by a parent or guardian.
10. Do NOT bring rawhide or other food (people or animal) into the Dog Park as these may cause dogs to exhibit threatening behavior. You may bring small training treats.
11. Dogs that bark continually should be muzzled or removed. Out of respect for our neighbors, please DO NOT allow your dog to bark excessively.
12. Prevent your dog from digging or damaging natural resources. Fill any holes created by your dog's digging.
13. Dogs over 30 lbs. not permitted in small dog area. No dog less than 30 lbs. is allowed in large dog area.
14. Smoking is not permitted in the Dog Park.
15. Please make sure the gates are closed and latched after use.
16. Dog toys that are of appropriate size and durability for your exercise area are allowed in the dog park, such as tennis balls, Frisbees, disc toys and Kong toys. All children's toys are strictly prohibited. Toys cannot be stored at the park.
17. Kish Dog Park maintains a carry in/carry out policy. Please remove what you bring for each visit, including toys.
18. Skateboarding, bicycle riding, rollerblading and running is not allowed in the dog park.
19. Glass items are not allowed in the dog park area.
20. You are responsible for injuries inflicted by your dog to other dogs and people.
21. Area closed during wet conditions.
22. Limit (3) dogs per adult handler.
Join the Fun
The Kish Dog Park is open from 7:00 AM to dusk, located in the Kish Park in Derry Township at 1 Derry Park Drive in Lewistown, PA.
Please contact us at:
Friends of Kish Dog Park
c/o Derry Township
PO Box 445
Yeagertown, PA 17099